Alright so now we have fixed the issue in our house, we received the Monster 110 machine, now we have to use the machine to decontaminate our stuff from the house. Keep in mind when you are in a moldy environment even if you move out of moldy home you will recontaminate new place in 6 weeks. Mold spores are resilient and will do everything to survive. Then when you kill mold, mycotoxins are released into air this is because mold wants to survive. You cannot kill mycotoxins they are not living. However, this machine has been tested and has shown proof of decreasing mycotoxin levels by 99.98 percent. Crazy, huh? But, it’s so important to clean everything. I still had to throw out my clothes, ( I didn’t have many because I had lost sooooo much weight (65lbs in six weeks) after being overdosed by the medical facility. We were able to save my husband and daughter’s clothes and 1/2 of the stuff that we didn’t already throw out from the beginning of all of this mold stuff.
Decontaminating our things from mold
So this is what we did. Ammonia is said to denature the mycotoxins etc. So we wiped all walls down with 50/50 ammonia water and any other hard surfaces. We Hepa Vacuumed everything but I have to say I still felt like I would get sick around vacuum when vacuuming with Hepa. What I use now is this vacuum it is all contained and I get no kick back smells coming from vacuum and my hubby can take container outside and empty and we spray down with Ammonia/Water. For the things that were in drawers and in our garage when I thought we were losing everything I set up a decontamination room in ground zer0 this was our master bedroom where we had mold in our master bath).
Organizing Stuff so machine could clean better
Because, I was so reactive I had to just throw everything into the room and I put it in front of machine where the air from the 110 was blowing. I figured, hey the 110 worked on my air why not my belongings right? I would put my mask on and go in and move things around and stir it all up like cooking stew, lol. Well, you know I love to cook, it’s the best way I could explain it.
Then my wonderful hubby took PVC and attached it across the wall and we made a closet bar. Then I hung the clothes up to get everything separated and allow the 110 machine to do it’s magic. We left these items in the decontamination room (AKA my master bedroom) for about 4 weeks. We slowly started to put things away, yes we could put them away, WOOHOO! But, prior to putting them away I still wiped everything down with Ammonia and when it came to the clothes I washed them in Ammonia once and then Borax and rewashed probably six times. The cleaning part is so important in this process of cleaning the mold and mycotoxins etc. You just can’t expect to plug in a machine and have it get everywhere without any effort on your part. So, I was not risking anything I was so sick. I wanted us to stay in our home and didn’t want to lose everything we had worked for during our 13 years of marriage. Granted, it’s just stuff but still these were our clothes and the things we sat in and on in our house, lol. 🙂
We slowly started to put those things away and it was so great to start seeing things empty out of our master bedroom. It was an awesome feeling that we were able to save my hubby and daughter’s clothes. Plus, the rest of our belongings. Patience was super important throughout this process but as we moved through these steps we were seeing improvements in our health and moods. We were getting super excited because it was becoming realistic to us that we were going to be ok and would be able to stay in our home. We love our little house. 🙂
We now know that we are going to be ok so now it’s time to put the bathroom back together remember it was gutted? Ahhh lol Check Here for my Next Post where we start putting our bathroom back together from that moldy glass block window that was never installed properly.
Did you acquire a sensitivity to mold from your incident with the Benadryl? I know some people are particularly allergic to mold anyway. I read your story on the “about me” page. that’s quite the story. I can sympathize with you for all you went through. And you still have to live with the consequences. Thank the Lord for your family. Keep being strong. Thanks for sharing all this.
It was actually quite weird when we moved into our house I wound up gaining a lot of weight without reason and I attributed it to thyroid issues. I started to have issues with gluten after moving into house, too. I believe that it was always bothering me but after receiving that medication error of Benadryl my body couldn’t handle it anymore. Mold is not good for anyone and it is becoming a huge issue. However, some people may have the HLA gene that cannot detox mold or you have become so mold sick that your body no longer tolerates.
Wow, Francine. I suspect I have a family member that is going to need to go through this process. The house, like yours, is loving and filled with great energy. But when I lived there for a time, my health deteriorated. Quickly. And whenever my sister comes to visit and stays at that house, she feels ill.
We know for sure there’s been mold in a couple of different areas of the basement. Who knows what the affect might be of all the “stuff” over the years? It’s a little overwhelming to think about, but your site and these blogs provide a wonderful resource.
Wishing you good health and a happy home.
I wonder if there is a mold in my house, we get ill very quickly. How do I determine if there is a mold in my house?
You can do an air quality test in your home. If you are unsure of what could be causing your problems in your home, you should probably do this test first. This test tests for formaldehyde, VOC’S and mold. Click here for air test If you are sure you have mold and want to see what the levels are in your home you can utilize this DNA test it is an easy at home test. DNA MOLD TEST